Residential / Agricultural / Light Commercial Products
These products are sold through a dealer network that includes roofing distributors, lumberyards, and home improvement retailers. If you’re planning to have a contractor do the job, we recommend you contact us; we can give you recommendations for your area. Typically, the contractor will offer you a turnkey installation that includes all of the materials required for your roof.
Commercial / Industrial Products
These products are mainly sold through roofing wholesalers or industrial contractor accounts. For more information on how to purchase these products, please call us at 800-700-7228.
We can help faciliate the process for you and get you in contact with a suitable dealer in your area as well as assist you in developing a material list.
There are basically two pieces of information that are needed in order to provide you with a product quote:
1) The product that you want. This should include the product name, gauge, width, and color. For example:
Width: 12 inches
2) Your roof dimensions. These are described in detail below.
NEW CONSTRUCTION: Your architect’s roof plan will usually be sufficient. Make sure the scale and pitch are shown on your plan. If not, follow the applicable steps for existing structures below.
EXISTING STRUCTURES: Make a simple line drawing of the roof area from an overhead view. Use straight and angles lines, but don’t worry about making the angles exact. We work from the measurements indicated on your plan.
- For each line you draw, indicate the exact length in feet and inches.
- Indicate the roof pitch. (What’s this?)
- Indicate the direction of the downhill slope for each area.
- Use a dotted line to indicate the presence of one roof under another.
- Indicate the location, type and size of chimneys.
- Indicate the size and number of skylights, and the curb height of each. It is not necessary to locate skylights on your roof plan unless the skylights are clustered close together.
- Indicate the type, number and size of your pipe penetrations. You do not need to locate these on your roof plan unless the pipe is a power mast.
- Prior to ordering, confirm all dimensions to the nearest inch.